I used a bungee cord to keep the trunk propped open a little so they would not overheat for the trip home.
The bees were not aggressive at all . . . I suppose it was because there wasn't any honey/stores to protect. I have to admit I was initially pretty apprehensive about it all during my 4 hour trip home . . but once I started, I totally forgot about it all and just went with it.
Here is a video of most of the installation:
- No need to be nervous since they were not aggressive at all
- It was a lot easier than I thought.
- The kids were surprisingly brave about it all.
- Bring a screwdriver to pry the staples off instead of the hive tool
- Beekeeping for Dummies is by far the best book for beginners
- Ask myself again--how did I get myself into this?
|Here is my water source. I got this|
masonry mixing tub for $5 at Home Depot.
It's located near bagged cement.
|Successful installation!! (so far......)|