When I do pick up a book, I seem to skip all of the parts about entomology and history and go straight to what I need to know at that point.
Now that I am +7 days since my install, I find myself asking "What happens next?"
- When will the newly laid eggs emerge as bees?
- What is the bee lifecycle?
- How many eggs will the queen lay in the tall brood area?
- Days 1-3--Egg: 1st day is stands vertically, 2nd day is bends over, 3rd day it falls over
- Days 4-9--Larva: next three days it is fed royal jelly. Then fed a mixture of pollen and honey (bee bread) and the cell is capped.
- Days 9-21: Pupa: Non-feeding stage. Larva spins cocoon to become Pupa. Body parts develop. on 21st day, it bites its way out as an adult.
- Day 21+: Adult: It emerges as with a grey color.
- 1-2 Cleans cells and helps warm broodnest
- 3-5 Feeds older larvae with honey and pollen
- 6-11 Feeds your larvae with royal jelly
- 12-17 Produces wax and constructs comb, ripens honey
- 18-21 Guard the hive entrance and ventilate the hive
- 22+ Forage the nectar, pollen, propolis, and water